Industrial Hammer Mill Grinders
The ideal grinder necessary is determined by feed size, feed rate, operating conditions and desired product output for processing. Stedman offers two types of industrial hammer mill grinders - Type A "Up Running" Hammer Mills and Type B "Down Running" Hammer Mills - that transform the consistency of soft and rough materials by using the pulverizing technique of a hammer mill grinder to produce a finished particle. View our line of A&B Series hammer mills.
A&B Hammer Mill Applications
Stedman industrial hammer mill grinders are suitable as an animal feed hammer mill grinder as well as a variety of other applications such as:
- Agricultural Industry: Common applications include crushing animal feed, grains, sugar cane and more
- Industrial Applications: Hammer mills can reduce the size of salts, meat & fish meal, crab, clam & oyster shells, and more
- Energy Industry: Reduce the size of materials such as coal, corn stalks, wood, biomass and biofuels
- Minerals & Mining Industry: Common materials include minerals such as graphite and chemicals such as calcium carbonate
A&B Series Hammer Mill Models
(TPH - Tons per Hour)
|Horsepower (HP)||Feed Opening (in.)||Speed (Max RPM)||Weight (without motor)|
Capacities vary depending on feed size, feed rate, operating conditions, desired product output, characteristics of feed material, and equipment configuration.
What is the difference between A and B Series Industrial Hammer Mill Grinders?
"Up running," or the A Series feed grinder, provides multiple size reduction stages for materials and "down running," or B Series Hammer Mills, are most suitable for fibrous materials due to high concentration of shearing actions within the unit.
Type A “Up Running” Hammer Mill Grinder
The A series grinder uses perforated screens or grate bars for reducing soft to medium hard materials. The material to be reduced determines the rotor construction of a Stedman Hammer Mill. The rotors used in the Type A hammer mills are adjustable to compensate for wear.
- Shattering by revolving hammers
- Impaction against housing liners
- Grinding on the adjustable grinding plate
- Shearing by the grate bars or screen
Type B “Down Running” Hammer Mill Grinder
The B series grinder utilizes specially designed heavy reversible hammers, working in conjunction with Stedman’s adjustable breaker plate enables the Hammer Mill to produce exceptionally uniform product with the lowest possible maintenance.
If you're unsure which direction suits your material, contact Stedman to schedule your testing today!
Test Before You Buy!
Stedman's testing facilities provide real-world conditions to view your materials being processed. Test out a range of different size reduction methods, saving you both time and money when selecting the proper size reduction method.Learn More
Delivering equipment and service you deserve
For nearly two centuries, Stedman Machine Company has produced quality, reliable and durable size reduction and industrial crushing equipment. Stedman has expert field service and installation technicians ready to assist with all maintenance and equipment commissioning needs.
- Unsurpassed industry experience – operating since 1834
- State-of-the-art equipment testing facilities
- Dedicated, professional staff
- Parts and service available 24 hours a day
Stedman Machine has the capability to provide customer service across the globe. Our experienced team will work with you to create the best hammer mill to make your processes the most efficient. Call us for more information!