Hammer Mill Crusher Manufacturer
What is a Hammer Mill?
A hammer mill is a rock crusher that employs a rain of hammer blows to shatter and disintegrate a variety of materials. Hammer mills produce a finished product size that is dependent upon the following criteria:
- Openings in perforated screens or grate bars
- Number, size and type of hammers
- Grinding plate setting
- Rotor speed
Hammer mill Industry & Application Usage
- Agricultural Industry: Common applications include crushing animal tankage, animal feed, grains, and agricultural limestone
- Energy Industry: Reduce the size of materials such as coal, corn, bagasse, wood, corn stalks, biomass and biofuels, and more
- Aggregate Industry: Common materials that hammer mills can finely crush include gypsum, shells, rock and more
- Industrial Applications: Hammer mills can reduce the size of gelatin, salt, meat and fish scraps, and more
Stedman Machine Hammer Mills
A&B Series Hammer MillsLearn More
Features & Benefits
- Large opening for flexibility
- Fully lined crushing chamber for longevity
- Liners are bolted for easy change out
- Grate bars and screens for accurate product sizing that are easily replaceable
- Hammers or rings allowing flexibility
- Forged alloy steel and extreme duty shaft allowing reduced vibration and longer bearing life
- Positive lock housing for extra security from blow outs and dusting
- Adjustable grinding plate for process control
- Multiple rotor configurations to suit any material
- Large discharge opening
Test Before You Buy!
Stedman's testing facilities provide real-world conditions to view your materials being processed. Test out a range of different size reduction methods, saving you both time and money when selecting the proper size reduction method.Learn More
Hammer Mill FAQs
Up running Stedman hammermills provide mutiple size reduction stages for friable materials.
Down running Stedman hammermills are most suitable for fibrous materials due to the high concentration of shearing action within the unit.
Not sure which direction suits your material? Schedule your testing today!
Wood hammer mills, also called wood hogs are special heavy duty Stedman Hammermills specifically designed to process wood and fibrous waste without the use of high maintenance knives. Our machines have simple designs with rugged construction that make them easy to operate and maintain.