Stedman is dedicated to our customers and employees; and we are committed to inventing, designing, manufacturing, marketing and servicing the most effective and best-valued material sizing solutions in the world.
To be the one company in the world that best understands and satisfies material sizing solutions.
Do what you say you are going to do
- We face challenges with optimism
- We do the right thing. Always.
- We make honesty our guide in how we act
- We are fair
- We act in a professional manner
We make our customers successful
- We value our relationships with customers as partnerships
- We provide exceptional customer service. Always.
- We give customers more than they expect to create the best value
- We are flexible and adaptable to our customer's needs
- We are always accessible to our customers
- We deliver on time
- We never walk away from our customers until they are completely satisfied
Be motivated to succeed in order to ensure the future
- We embrace innovation as part of our daily lives
- We have philosophy of "Stable and Secure" in our business practices
- We provide an environment that attracts winners
We are problem solvers
- We listen to define and solve customer challenges
- We demand continuous improvement
- We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship
- We make decisions based on facts
- We can say "I don't know" until we do
Who Invented the Cage Mill?
The Stedman Machine Company was established in 1834 in Southeastern, Indiana by Nathan R. Stedman. Stedman began by producing castings and machinery for anything from cotton gins, farm equipment, machine tools, and hay presses, to stoves and saw mills.
Today Stedman, an affiliate of Eagle Crusher Company, designs, manufactures, and sells a complete line of size-reduction equipment serving multiple markets. From equipment selection to maintenance requirements, Stedman has people with experience and deep understanding of the practical application of the complete size-reduction processes. Stedman Machine Company has the people and the experience to make your operation a success.
In 2002, Stedman Machine Company opened an affiliate company, Innovative Processing Solutions, to design, build, and install bulk handling and crushing systems in conjunction with Stedman equipment. This service helps you successfully install Stedman crushers into your process.
Who Invented The Cage Mill?
Nathan P. Stedman, son of the founder, is credited with inventing the cage mill. In 1894 he was awarded multiple patents for the device named a disintegrator – now known as the cage mill.
Read about the history of Stedman Machine Company on our Wikipedia page
For a quick look at the history of Stedman, download our current company timeline.